Wednesday 27 April 2011

Week 16

18.04.11 - 24.04.11


'If you fail to plan, you plan to fail'


This was a week where I failed to plan and the saying is oh so true as this week wasn't the success I had hoped it would be. I am being a bit to hard on myself as the sessions that I did were brilliant however I didn't manage to do all the sessions or the hours. Work was a little up in the air with timings and so I thought I would just do my exercise when I had the chance... I only got one bike ride in and unfortunately it was a dismal failure as my legs were so sore from all the running I had done that as soon as a little breeze came my way I could barely power myself forward... (so a little exaggeration, but that s what it felt like).


The running this week went really well and I managed 44.5kms over 3 runs, the 2 longest were stupidly back to back just before my long ride. My pace on the run seems to have come back and now I just need to find the balance between riding and running so that one doesn't become weak. This happened this week as I didn't manage to fit in a ride during the week and then on the Sunday I only managed 2 hours, which was very painful. 


The swimming session was coached by an outside coach with the nickname of Evil Dave and you knew you were in for a rough session when the warm up was 1500m followed by 1000m of just kicking... I got out the pool exhausted with arms hanging limply at my side.


So like I said, it wasn't a great week but neither was it a terrible week, it was a week that could have been better.


W

3 comments:

  1. If you had accomplished all that earlier in your training I think you would have been proud of yourself. Dont be so hard on yourself you are going for Iron Man not Super Man. Well done with what you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,you are being hard on yourself but you need to be bearing in mind your end target.Obviously difficult finding the right balance re training for each discipline plus the time.Pity you have to work as it's messing things up.That's life,never easy.

    ReplyDelete